Wednesday 25 September 2013

Incident  (BY COUNTEE CULLEN)


Explorations of the text
 1) what is the nature of the interactions between the two boys?

~~>  The nature interactions between the two kids is about racism between black and white people during that time. The kids also being influenced about this racism in 1925. The white boy is insulting the black boy by calling him "Nigger"

2)  Why does the speaker remember nothing more than the incident,even though he lived in Baltimore from 'May until December"?

~~~> In my point of view, i think the African Americans kid  still remember what the whites kid do to him because kids tends to remember when people insult or hurt them whether mentally or physically.


The reading/ writing connection

1) In a paragraph,compare your experience of prejudice with the persona in the poem?

~~> My experience about prejudice in my life is because i has a brother who is a disable person,he cannot speak ,can just call "mama and abah" only and my short name eny. The prejudice i m trying to say here people tends to look down and dislike my brother, i do not know what is the wrong with my brother,he never disturb people but people tends to do like that. In front of my father they tend to smile because my father one of the educated person and being known but when my my turn or my other siblings they tend to speak bad. I do not know why the mentality of malaysian is so low. My brother is human to of course he never want to be like that.But i always hold this principle,people cannot help us only ALLAH s.w.t can help and the my brother is everything to my family as long all of us love him why do i care about people who is never appreciate the health that they have also their children.

Ideas for writing

1)what do its form and rhyme add to this poem?

~~~> The rhyme scheme in this poem is ABCB.  A figurative language that was used was foreshadowing. Following by 3 stanza 

2) What is the power of language? What are the effects of the use of the term nigger?

  ~~> From my point of view,the power of language is how  we use the language and the effects when the receiver is understand or not what we are trying to say. Whether the information is delivered well or not. The effects when using the term "nigger" the kids will feel sad because  just met that person.








No comments:

Post a Comment